- Cave Valley 2013
- Remembering the Trail of Tears
- Removing the Cherokee: A Soldier’s Story
- IAS Lusk Creek property clean up–Volunteers Needed!
- Wild About Illinois Audubon Society
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary–cancelled in May
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary
- Cache River Nature Fest
- Pope County Spring Bird Count
- Birding Cave Valley
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Tony Gerard tells the story of Caleb Tucker.
Last Monday evening, everyone enjoyed Tony Gerard’s living history performance of Caleb Tucker telling his story of the removal of the Cherokee from their homeland in Georgia to Oklahoma. After leading a group across the Ohio River on a ferry into Golconda, Illinois the trek began across southern [...]
[ May 11, 2013; 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. ] Celebrate our wonderful wetlands at the annual Cache River Nature Fest, an event that highlights the rich diversity of habitats and wildlife in the Cache River Watershed! Guided canoe tours, bike trips, hikes, and special presentations will be scheduled throughout the day and will feature live animal demonstrations, bird and eagle watching, and a variety [...]
Scott Simpson, Heritage Biologist with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Division of Natural Heritage and Site Manager at Prairie Ridge State Natural Area since 1985 will present Illinois Prairie Chickens and Grassland Birds: Past, Present and Future at 7:00 PM on January 21st at the Shawnee Chapter meeting at the Carbondale Township Hall, 217 [...]