- No events.
- Annual Meeting and Northeastern Australia Photo Safari
- Cave Valley 2013
- Remembering the Trail of Tears
- Removing the Cherokee: A Soldier’s Story
- IAS Lusk Creek property clean up–Volunteers Needed!
- Wild About Illinois Audubon Society
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary–cancelled in May
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary
- Cache River Nature Fest
- Pope County Spring Bird Count
Category Archives: Presentations
In 2007 Illinois Audubon Society purchased a 58-acre inholding in Lusk Creek Wilderness in the Shawnee National Forest. A subsequent survey of flora revealed an astonishing 500-plus species of plants on the tiny tract of land!
What do Indiana bats, Blanding’s turtles, dusky salamanders, greater prairie-chickens, bald eagles and timber rattlers have in common? These are [...]
Monday, February 18, 20136:30 PM
Join Shawnee Chapter for some family-friendly fun as we guide participants through an enjoyable and enlightening workshop. You will discover much about our beautiful “Gems of Blue” as well as build your own bluebird nest box to take home!
A $10.00 registration donation covers all supplies, instructions, handouts, nails and fun. All [...]
Scott Simpson, Heritage Biologist with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Division of Natural Heritage and Site Manager at Prairie Ridge State Natural Area since 1985 will present Illinois Prairie Chickens and Grassland Birds: Past, Present and Future at 7:00 PM on January 21st at the Shawnee Chapter meeting at the Carbondale Township Hall, 217 [...]