- No events.
- Annual Meeting and Northeastern Australia Photo Safari
- Cave Valley 2013
- Remembering the Trail of Tears
- Removing the Cherokee: A Soldier’s Story
- IAS Lusk Creek property clean up–Volunteers Needed!
- Wild About Illinois Audubon Society
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary–cancelled in May
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary
- Cache River Nature Fest
- Pope County Spring Bird Count
Category Archives: Presentations
[ April 15, 2013; 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. ] Join us at Trail of Tears State Forest for a Living History presentation by Tony Gerard.
Tony portrays Caleb Tucker, a soldier in the United Sates Army who finds himself assigned to round up the Cherokee in preparation for forced removal to the Indian nations in present-day Oklahoma. As removal nears Caleb takes his discharge from [...]
[ May 20, 2013; 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. ] Join us for the Shawnee Chapter Annual Meeting and very special presentation. Biologists Michael Jeffords and Susan Post will take us on a month-long photo safari as they journey across the northeast region of Australia . They experienced everything from koalas to kangaroos, birds of paradise to bellbirds, and much, much more . . .
[caption id="attachment_803" align="alignleft" width="1200"] Bird [...]
[ March 18, 2013; 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. ] What do Indiana bats, Blanding’s turtles, dusky salamanders, greater prairie-chickens, bald eagles and timber rattlers have in common? These are all (or were in the case of the bald eagle) federal and/or state endangered species that Illinois Audubon Society has protected by purchasing and perserving habitat critical for their survival. We’re wild about our many [...]