- No events.
- Annual Meeting and Northeastern Australia Photo Safari
- Cave Valley 2013
- Remembering the Trail of Tears
- Removing the Cherokee: A Soldier’s Story
- IAS Lusk Creek property clean up–Volunteers Needed!
- Wild About Illinois Audubon Society
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary–cancelled in May
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary
- Cache River Nature Fest
- Pope County Spring Bird Count
Category Archives: Meetings
Bird Lineup. Photo: Michael Jeffords
Join us for the Shawnee Chapter Annual Meeting and very special presentation. Biologists Michael Jeffords and Susan Post will take us on a month-long photo safari as they journey across the northeast region of Australia . They experienced everything from koalas to kangaroos, birds of paradise to bellbirds, and much, much more . . .
In 2007 Illinois Audubon Society purchased a 58-acre inholding in Lusk Creek Wilderness in the Shawnee National Forest. A subsequent survey of flora revealed an astonishing 500-plus species of plants on the tiny tract of land!
What do Indiana bats, Blanding’s turtles, dusky salamanders, greater prairie-chickens, bald eagles and timber rattlers have in common? These are [...]
Scott Simpson, Heritage Biologist with the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, Division of Natural Heritage and Site Manager at Prairie Ridge State Natural Area since 1985 will present Illinois Prairie Chickens and Grassland Birds: Past, Present and Future at 7:00 PM on January 21st at the Shawnee Chapter meeting at the Carbondale Township Hall, 217 [...]