Over 30 people enjoyed hearing about the history of the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) Camps Union, Pomona and Hutchins on Monday evening. Perfect weather and cozy campfire set the mood for this interesting interactive presentation by Kay Ripplemeyer-Tippy. Kay’s interest in the C’s began over 30 years ago. The more she learned the deeper she found herself digging for more information. She described her passion for the C’s as an obsession that she has loved. Getting to interview and know many of the men who served in the CCC program was an honor and a thrill for Kay.
- Cave Valley 2013
- Remembering the Trail of Tears
- Removing the Cherokee: A Soldier’s Story
- IAS Lusk Creek property clean up–Volunteers Needed!
- Wild About Illinois Audubon Society
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary–cancelled in May
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary
- Cache River Nature Fest
- Pope County Spring Bird Count
- Birding Cave Valley