- No events.
- Annual Meeting and Northeastern Australia Photo Safari
- Cave Valley 2013
- Remembering the Trail of Tears
- Removing the Cherokee: A Soldier’s Story
- IAS Lusk Creek property clean up–Volunteers Needed!
- Wild About Illinois Audubon Society
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary–cancelled in May
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary
- Cache River Nature Fest
- Pope County Spring Bird Count
Tag Archives: birding
Yesterday, five of us made the annual Shawnee Chapter trip to Cave Valley for early spring migrants. The frigid dawn warmed up to a beautiful clear spring day. A little earlier in the season than we normally go, quite a few species were missing from our “normal” list. But, we all agreed that the extra [...]
[ April 20, 2013; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] [caption id="attachment_862" align="alignleft" width="300"] Cerulean Warbler (Dendroica cerulea).Photo credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Mdf[/caption]
Join us on our annual trek through Cave Valley in Jackson County to look for migrating songbirds–warblers, vireos, thrushes, and much more!
Cave Valley is is known for cerulean warblers! Other warblers we normally see include blue-winged, American redstart, worm eating, prothonotary, black and white, magnolia, and [...]
We’ll explore various areas around Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge for birds and other wildlife. Email or call Ann at 618-564-2079 for details regarding exact starting time and location to meet.
Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge is located in Williamson County south of Marion. The Refuge’s 44,000 acres of land and water contain a wide diversity [...]