- No events.
- Annual Meeting and Northeastern Australia Photo Safari
- Cave Valley 2013
- Remembering the Trail of Tears
- Removing the Cherokee: A Soldier’s Story
- IAS Lusk Creek property clean up–Volunteers Needed!
- Wild About Illinois Audubon Society
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary–cancelled in May
- Stewardship Day at War Bluff Valley Sanctuary
- Cache River Nature Fest
- Pope County Spring Bird Count
Tag Archives: field trip
[ April 20, 2013; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] [caption id="attachment_862" align="alignleft" width="300"] Cerulean Warbler (Dendroica cerulea).Photo credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Mdf[/caption]
Join us on our annual trek through Cave Valley in Jackson County to look for migrating songbirds–warblers, vireos, thrushes, and much more!
Cave Valley is is known for cerulean warblers! Other warblers we normally see include blue-winged, American redstart, worm eating, prothonotary, black and white, magnolia, and [...]
Snake Road field trip in two days! Saturday, October 20th, 1:30 PM.
Local biologist/herpetologist, Tony Gerard, will be our guide as we walk Snake Road at the base of the bluffs adjacent to LaRue Swamp in the LaRue Pine Hills Natural Area. Each year snakes that have been feeding in the swamp during the summer months [...]
[ October 20, 2012; 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm. ] Tony Gerard will be our guide as we walk Snake Road at the base of the bluffs adjacent to LaRue Swamp in the LaRue Pine Hills Natural Area. Each year snakes that have been feeding in the swamp during the summer months return to their winter dens in the bluffs. The road, which is closed [...]