- April 26, 2015:
- May 9, 2015:
- June 7, 2015:
- July 25, 2015:
- August 23, 2015:
- Spring Continues
- December 19 – Christmas Bird Count in War Bluff Valley Circle
- October 18 – Michael Wolf Wetland Center.
- September 20, Lusk Creek Trail
- August 23 – Rend Lake. Meet at Illinois Artisan Center off Exit 77 of I-57
- July 25 – Hummingbird Fest Pope County
- June 7 – Oakwood Bottoms/Levee Road
- May 9 (&10?) Spring Bird Count Pope County
- Cave Valley birding trip
- 2015 Shawnee Chapter Birding Trips
Tag Archives: hummingbird
The annual Shawnee Chapter Hummingbird Festival was tremendously fun for everyone. A special shout out of appreciation for the Lindgren family, Kristi and Steve and their three grandkids, Daryan, Deakin and Nadiya, who generously offer their home (and hummingbirds!) as well as help with set up, tear down and everything in between! And, of course, […]
[ July 26, 2014; 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] [caption id="attachment_1063" align="alignleft" width="300"] Composite image of various defensive and evasive moves by a female ruby-throated hummingbird (Archilochus colubris) at a man-made feeder near Rossville, Tennessee. Photo: Gary Bridgman, Wikipedia Commons[/caption]
Bird Banding Demonstration
Master bird bander, Cathie Hutcheson will capture and band hummingbirds.
-Gardening for Hummingbirds
-Hummingbird Merchandise–feeders and accessories, tee shirts…..
Saturday, July 26th
9:00 AM […]
Adults and children enjoyed the Shawnee Chapter’s hummingbird festival held at the Lindgren’s home north of Golconda in Pope County. About 75 people from as far away as Minnesota observed over 50 hummingbirds being banded during the 3-hour event. Children loved getting their faces (and arms!) painted and enthusiastically played the hummingbird migration game.