- Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Fracking, But Were Afraid to Ask
- Fall Open House at War Bluff Valley Wildlife Sanctuary, Saturday October 18
- Christmas Bird Count
- Fort Massac Field Trip
- The Echo of Their Wings: The Life and Legacy of the Passenger Pigeon
- Hummer Fest 2014
- Rend Lake Field Trip
- Free Again Wildlife Rehab Featured at 2014 Annual Meeting
- Michael Wolfe Memorial Wetlands Field Trip
- Photos from Biodiversity Field Trip
Tag Archives: hummingbird
The annual Shawnee Chapter Hummingbird Festival was tremendously fun for everyone. A special shout out of appreciation for the Lindgren family, Kristi and Steve and their three grandkids, Daryan, Deakin and Nadiya, who generously offer their home (and hummingbirds!) as well as help with set up, tear down and everything in between! And, of course, […]
[ July 26, 2014; 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] [caption id="attachment_1063" align="alignleft" width="300"] Composite image of various defensive and evasive moves by a female ruby-throated hummingbird (Archilochus colubris) at a man-made feeder near Rossville, Tennessee. Photo: Gary Bridgman, Wikipedia Commons[/caption]
Bird Banding Demonstration
Master bird bander, Cathie Hutcheson will capture and band hummingbirds.
-Gardening for Hummingbirds
-Hummingbird Merchandise–feeders and accessories, tee shirts…..
Saturday, July 26th
9:00 AM […]
Adults and children enjoyed the Shawnee Chapter’s hummingbird festival held at the Lindgren’s home north of Golconda in Pope County. About 75 people from as far away as Minnesota observed over 50 hummingbirds being banded during the 3-hour event. Children loved getting their faces (and arms!) painted and enthusiastically played the hummingbird migration game.