- June 25, 2017:
- Under the Stars With ‘Carter & Connelley’ Monday April 24th @ 7PM Trail of Tears State Forest
- Upcoming events
- Mermet Lake birding, March 25, 5PM
- Bluebird Nest Box Workshop
- Insect Extravaganza! 27 August 2016
- Hummingbird Day at War Bluff, Saturday July 23, 9 AM – Noon
- Shawnee Chapter IAS Annual Meeting and Presentation. Carbondale Civic Center July 13, 7PM
- MUSSELS, MOONSHINE, MUSIC: MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MIGRANTS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.
- Shawnee Parkway - What The Heck Is It?
- Wildlife Of The Falkland Islands Presentation
Author Archives: admin
Yesterday, five of us made the annual Shawnee Chapter trip to Cave Valley for early spring migrants. The frigid dawn warmed up to a beautiful clear spring day. A little earlier in the season than we normally go, quite a few species were missing from our “normal” list. But, we all agreed that the extra […]
Tony Gerard tells the story of Caleb Tucker.
Last Monday evening, everyone enjoyed Tony Gerard’s living history performance of Caleb Tucker telling his story of the removal of the Cherokee from their homeland in Georgia to Oklahoma. After leading a group across the Ohio River on a ferry into Golconda, Illinois the trek began across southern […]
Join us at Trail of Tears State Forest for a Living History presentation by Tony Gerard.
Tony portrays Caleb Tucker, a soldier in the United Sates Army who finds himself assigned to round up the Cherokee in preparation for forced removal to the Indian nations in present-day Oklahoma. As removal nears Caleb takes his discharge from […]