- June 25, 2017:
- Under the Stars With ‘Carter & Connelley’ Monday April 24th @ 7PM Trail of Tears State Forest
- Upcoming events
- Mermet Lake birding, March 25, 5PM
- Bluebird Nest Box Workshop
- Insect Extravaganza! 27 August 2016
- Hummingbird Day at War Bluff, Saturday July 23, 9 AM – Noon
- Shawnee Chapter IAS Annual Meeting and Presentation. Carbondale Civic Center July 13, 7PM
- MUSSELS, MOONSHINE, MUSIC: MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MIGRANTS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.
- Shawnee Parkway - What The Heck Is It?
- Wildlife Of The Falkland Islands Presentation
Author Archives: shawneechapter
Adults and children enjoyed the Shawnee Chapter’s hummingbird festival held at the Lindgren’s home north of Golconda in Pope County. About 75 people from as far away as Minnesota observed over 50 hummingbirds being banded during the 3-hour event. Children loved getting their faces (and arms!) painted and enthusiastically played the hummingbird migration game.
Bird Lineup. Photo: Michael Jeffords
Join us for the Shawnee Chapter Annual Meeting and very special presentation. Biologists Michael Jeffords and Susan Post will take us on a month-long photo safari as they journey across the northeast region of Australia . They experienced everything from koalas to kangaroos, birds of paradise to bellbirds, and much, much more . . .
Yesterday, five of us made the annual Shawnee Chapter trip to Cave Valley for early spring migrants. The frigid dawn warmed up to a beautiful clear spring day. A little earlier in the season than we normally go, quite a few species were missing from our “normal” list. But, we all agreed that the extra […]