- June 25, 2017:
- Under the Stars With ‘Carter & Connelley’ Monday April 24th @ 7PM Trail of Tears State Forest
- Upcoming events
- Mermet Lake birding, March 25, 5PM
- Bluebird Nest Box Workshop
- Insect Extravaganza! 27 August 2016
- Hummingbird Day at War Bluff, Saturday July 23, 9 AM – Noon
- Shawnee Chapter IAS Annual Meeting and Presentation. Carbondale Civic Center July 13, 7PM
- MUSSELS, MOONSHINE, MUSIC: MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MIGRANTS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.
- Shawnee Parkway - What The Heck Is It?
- Wildlife Of The Falkland Islands Presentation
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Face Painting is always fun.
Catching the birds with care.
Measuring & cataloging
We had a great day at the Hummingbird Festival in Pope county, painting faces and watching the collecting and cataloguing of hummingbirds. 69 new birds were catalogued and 7 returning birds added their valuable information. Thanks to all the participants who came out and those […]
Saturday July 25, 9 AM – Noon
Everyone is invited to the Pope County Hummingbird Festival, sponsored by Shawnee Chapter, Illinois Audubon Society. The festival will provide an opportunity to see these fascinating little birds up close and learn more about their amazing lives. The festival will take place at the Lindgren home, 3.3 miles north […]
Bluebirds getting down to business.
Prairie Trillium and Virginia Bluebells
Summer Phlox beside Flicker Creek.
This first picture taken Friday from a bluebird box repaired last winter shows these bluebirds are getting down to business. At last check there were 4 Bluebird houses with eggs.
On Sunday I walked to Simmons Creek and found these Prairie Trillium and Virginia […]