- June 25, 2017:
- Under the Stars With ‘Carter & Connelley’ Monday April 24th @ 7PM Trail of Tears State Forest
- Upcoming events
- Mermet Lake birding, March 25, 5PM
- Bluebird Nest Box Workshop
- Insect Extravaganza! 27 August 2016
- Hummingbird Day at War Bluff, Saturday July 23, 9 AM – Noon
- Shawnee Chapter IAS Annual Meeting and Presentation. Carbondale Civic Center July 13, 7PM
- MUSSELS, MOONSHINE, MUSIC: MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MIGRANTS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.
- Shawnee Parkway - What The Heck Is It?
- Wildlife Of The Falkland Islands Presentation
Category Archives: Field Trips
[ August 21, 2016; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] ((Please note the Rend Lake Field Trip Has Been Cancelled.))
August 21 – Rend Lake – Meet in the Rend Lake Visitor’s Center parking lot at 8 a.m. Shorebirds will be the focus if the lake shores are suitable otherwise we will take one of the trails. Bring binoculars and a spotting scope will be available. […]
[ April 24, 2016; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] April 24 – Cave Valley field trip with the focus on migrating warblers. Meet at the Pomona fire station at 8 a.m. Then we will proceed to the old fire road with an easy hike to the pond. Dress for the weather and bring binoculars. Trip will conclude around noon. Contact Douglas at 618-564-2079 for […]
[ March 20, 2016; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] March 20 – Mermet Lake – 8 a.m. meet at Bluebird Trail parking lot. Focus will be on waterfowl. This will be a driving route with frequent stops. A spotting scope will be available, binoculars useful. Trip concludes around noon. To extend the day, participants may choose to eat at a restaurant and then attend […]