- June 25, 2017:
- Under the Stars With ‘Carter & Connelley’ Monday April 24th @ 7PM Trail of Tears State Forest
- Upcoming events
- Mermet Lake birding, March 25, 5PM
- Bluebird Nest Box Workshop
- Insect Extravaganza! 27 August 2016
- Hummingbird Day at War Bluff, Saturday July 23, 9 AM – Noon
- Shawnee Chapter IAS Annual Meeting and Presentation. Carbondale Civic Center July 13, 7PM
- MUSSELS, MOONSHINE, MUSIC: MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MIGRANTS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.
- Shawnee Parkway - What The Heck Is It?
- Wildlife Of The Falkland Islands Presentation
Category Archives: News
Zebra Swallowtail at War Bluff Valley Wildlife Sanctuary
After the Presentation last night by Mike Jeffords and Susan Post I decided to try and capture the first butterfly I saw today. With a camera of course. Fortunately, right out the kitchen door, I found this Zebra Swallowtail which lingered long enough for me to save this […]
Rainbow at War Bluff
Speckled King Snake near maple
Box Turtle Near Pond
A visitor and I shared this rainbow with the emerging wildlife at War Bluff Valley Wildlife Sanctuary last Friday. I’ve been pretty busy as I’m sure most everyone is this time of year. So busy I might not have taken time to remember these images […]
A rare tiny beauty, Harbinger of Spring, is now blooming in Southern Illinois. I found this one at War Bluff this morning. Yes, Spring is coming.