Shawnee Chapter of Illinois Audubon Society, serving members across the southernmost region of Illinois. We are dedicated to the conservation and preservation of Illinois habitat and its diversity of native birds, animals and plants. We offer bird watching and nature-related field trips, workshops and presentations in southern Illinois.
- June 25, 2017:
- Under the Stars With ‘Carter & Connelley’ Monday April 24th @ 7PM Trail of Tears State Forest
- Upcoming events
- Mermet Lake birding, March 25, 5PM
- Bluebird Nest Box Workshop
- Insect Extravaganza! 27 August 2016
- Hummingbird Day at War Bluff, Saturday July 23, 9 AM – Noon
- Shawnee Chapter IAS Annual Meeting and Presentation. Carbondale Civic Center July 13, 7PM
- MUSSELS, MOONSHINE, MUSIC: MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MIGRANTS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.
- Shawnee Parkway - What The Heck Is It?
- Wildlife Of The Falkland Islands Presentation