- June 25, 2017:
- Under the Stars With ‘Carter & Connelley’ Monday April 24th @ 7PM Trail of Tears State Forest
- Upcoming events
- Mermet Lake birding, March 25, 5PM
- Bluebird Nest Box Workshop
- Insect Extravaganza! 27 August 2016
- Hummingbird Day at War Bluff, Saturday July 23, 9 AM – Noon
- Shawnee Chapter IAS Annual Meeting and Presentation. Carbondale Civic Center July 13, 7PM
- MUSSELS, MOONSHINE, MUSIC: MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MIGRANTS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.
- Shawnee Parkway - What The Heck Is It?
- Wildlife Of The Falkland Islands Presentation
Tag Archives: birding
[ September 18, 2016; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] September 18 – Heron Pond. Meet in the parking lot at 8 a.m. for a leisurely walk to view early migrants and fall flowers. Bring binoculars. Trip will conclude by noon. Contact Douglas at 618-564-2079 for further information.
[ August 21, 2016; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] ((Please note the Rend Lake Field Trip Has Been Cancelled.))
August 21 – Rend Lake – Meet in the Rend Lake Visitor’s Center parking lot at 8 a.m. Shorebirds will be the focus if the lake shores are suitable otherwise we will take one of the trails. Bring binoculars and a spotting scope will be available. […]
[ June 12, 2016; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] June 12 Fern Cliff State Park – Participants will meet in the parking lot by the lake at 8 a.m., then an easy walk to the waterfall to note breeding birds and wildflowers. Bring binoculars. Trip will conclude around noon. Contact Douglas at 618-564-2079 for further information.