- June 25, 2017:
- Under the Stars With ‘Carter & Connelley’ Monday April 24th @ 7PM Trail of Tears State Forest
- Upcoming events
- Mermet Lake birding, March 25, 5PM
- Bluebird Nest Box Workshop
- Insect Extravaganza! 27 August 2016
- Hummingbird Day at War Bluff, Saturday July 23, 9 AM – Noon
- Shawnee Chapter IAS Annual Meeting and Presentation. Carbondale Civic Center July 13, 7PM
- MUSSELS, MOONSHINE, MUSIC: MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MIGRANTS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.
- Shawnee Parkway - What The Heck Is It?
- Wildlife Of The Falkland Islands Presentation
Tag Archives: birds
[ August 19, 2014; 7:00 pm; ] Author, naturalist, and life-long birder Joel Greenberg will visit Carbondale on Tuesday August 19 for a lecture at the Southern Illinois University Student Center Auditorium. Sponsored by Shawnee Chapter and SIU Sustainability, the program will begin at 7 pm.
Greenberg is the author of the newly published A Feathered River Across the Sky– The Passenger Pigeon’s […]
[ August 31, 2014; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] Great blue heron. Photo borrowed from Rend Lake.com website.
Shawnee Audubon Chapter of Illinois Audubon will be holding a bird watching field trip to Rend Lake with the focus on shorebirds. Participants will meet at 8 a.m. in the back of the parking lot of the Illinois Artisans Shop off Exit 77 of I-57. […]
[ May 10, 2014; May 11, 2014; ] May 10 & 11 – The Shawnee Chapter will hold its Spring Bird Count in Pope County. Anyone interested in helping should notify Ann Douglas at 618-564-2079 for maps and areas. We can especially use volunteers to do owling hours during the early morning or evening hours.