- June 25, 2017:
- Under the Stars With ‘Carter & Connelley’ Monday April 24th @ 7PM Trail of Tears State Forest
- Upcoming events
- Mermet Lake birding, March 25, 5PM
- Bluebird Nest Box Workshop
- Insect Extravaganza! 27 August 2016
- Hummingbird Day at War Bluff, Saturday July 23, 9 AM – Noon
- Shawnee Chapter IAS Annual Meeting and Presentation. Carbondale Civic Center July 13, 7PM
- MUSSELS, MOONSHINE, MUSIC: MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MIGRANTS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.
- Shawnee Parkway - What The Heck Is It?
- Wildlife Of The Falkland Islands Presentation
Tag Archives: field trip
An evening field trip to Mermet Lake with the focus on waterfowl on March 25. Participants are to meet at 5 p.m. in the Bluebird Trail parking lot. Bring binoculars and dress for the weather.
Great blue heron. Photo borrowed from Rend Lake.com website.
[ March 25, 2017; 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. ] An evening field trip to Mermet Lake with the focus on waterfowl on March 25. Participants are to meet at 5 p.m. in the Bluebird Trail parking lot. Bring binoculars and dress for the weather.
[ September 18, 2016; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] September 18 – Heron Pond. Meet in the parking lot at 8 a.m. for a leisurely walk to view early migrants and fall flowers. Bring binoculars. Trip will conclude by noon. Contact Douglas at 618-564-2079 for further information.