- June 25, 2017:
- Under the Stars With ‘Carter & Connelley’ Monday April 24th @ 7PM Trail of Tears State Forest
- Upcoming events
- Mermet Lake birding, March 25, 5PM
- Bluebird Nest Box Workshop
- Insect Extravaganza! 27 August 2016
- Hummingbird Day at War Bluff, Saturday July 23, 9 AM – Noon
- Shawnee Chapter IAS Annual Meeting and Presentation. Carbondale Civic Center July 13, 7PM
- MUSSELS, MOONSHINE, MUSIC: MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MIGRANTS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.
- Shawnee Parkway - What The Heck Is It?
- Wildlife Of The Falkland Islands Presentation
Tag Archives: grassland bird research
This shot of 4 baby barn owls was taken at Bob and Sharon's farm yesterday!
About 30 people attended the Annual Meeting where new officers and board directors for the coming year were elected. Everyone truly enjoyed Dr. Jeff Walk’s presentation on the status of barn owls in Illinois and the recovery project. We learned that […]
[ May 21, 2012; 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. ] Barn Owl Recovery Project in Southern Illinois
Join us for our Annual Meeting and special presentation by Dr. Jeff Walk on the Barn Owl Recovery Project.
The barn owl (Tyto alba) is Endangered in Illinois, and a Species in Greatest Need of Conservation in the Illinois Wildlife Action […]
[ January 16, 2012; 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm. ] Turkeys, Bobwhite, and Grassland Birds in Illinois
Carbondale Township Hall . 217 E. Main Street
Dr. Clay Nielsen, an Assistant Professor with the Cooperative Wildlife Research Laboratory and Department of Forestry at SIUC, will discuss 3 research projects he is conducting on avian ecology and conservation in Illinois. These studies focus on turkey response to prescribed fire, genetics of northern bobwhite, and the effects of CRP management on grassland birds. Continue reading