- June 25, 2017:
- Under the Stars With ‘Carter & Connelley’ Monday April 24th @ 7PM Trail of Tears State Forest
- Upcoming events
- Mermet Lake birding, March 25, 5PM
- Bluebird Nest Box Workshop
- Insect Extravaganza! 27 August 2016
- Hummingbird Day at War Bluff, Saturday July 23, 9 AM – Noon
- Shawnee Chapter IAS Annual Meeting and Presentation. Carbondale Civic Center July 13, 7PM
- MUSSELS, MOONSHINE, MUSIC: MISSISSIPPI VALLEY MIGRANTS IN THE TWENTIETH CENTURY.
- Shawnee Parkway - What The Heck Is It?
- Wildlife Of The Falkland Islands Presentation
Tag Archives: spring migration
Yesterday, five of us made the annual Shawnee Chapter trip to Cave Valley for early spring migrants. The frigid dawn warmed up to a beautiful clear spring day. A little earlier in the season than we normally go, quite a few species were missing from our “normal” list. But, we all agreed that the extra […]
[ April 20, 2013; 8:00 am to 12:00 pm. ] Cerulean Warbler (Dendroica cerulea).Photo credit: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Mdf
Join us on our annual trek through Cave Valley in Jackson County to look for migrating songbirds-warblers, vireos, thrushes, and much more!
Cave Valley is is known for cerulean warblers! Other warblers we normally see include blue-winged, American redstart, worm eating, prothonotary, black and white, magnolia, and […]